- Office of the Registrar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Registrar Forms
- Academic Calendar
- Schedule of Classes
- Request a Transcript
- Registration Process
- Degree Verification
- Degree Check Sheets 12-13
- Degree Check Sheets 11-12
- Degree Check Sheets 10-11
- Degree Check Sheets 09-10
- Degree Check Sheets 08-09
- Degree Check Sheets 07-08
In general, registration for Summer and Fall semesters begins in early April and registration for Spring semester begins in early November. Periods of open enrollment are also scheduled prior to the beginning of a semester. Dates for registration are published about a month in advance of the start of registration.
To register for courses in person:
- Make an appointment with your advisor. Your advisor will have registration forms and can advise you on your schedule. If you do not know your advisor, please contact the Registrar's Office at (828) 328-7412.
- Students registering for Honors courses will also need the signature of the Honors Director.
- Bring the original copy of the registration form to the Registrar's Office to complete your registration.
- The Registrar's staff will process your registration, drop/add, and withdrawal forms and give you a printed schedule.
To register for courses On-Line (current students only):
- Make an appointment with your advisor. Have them release you for on-line registration.
- Log on to myLR.
- Register for classes (Note: you are not registered for classes until you complete the registration process; classes located in your "shopping cart" are not registered classes and do not hold a place for you in that particular class).
- Outstanding financial obligations to the University will delay registration.
- Forms for Directed/Independent Studies should be completed and received prior to the start of the semester.